Monday, September 17, 2012

Blog 4: Analysis of Data from 9/11 Interview

Analysis means to examine critical elements or constituent parts. There are several elements to follow when analyzing text. A reader should be on the look out for the following elements:
  • Coding or naming
  • Categorize or classify
  • Look for patterns
  • Create a hypothesis
  • Test the hypothesis
  • Cycle through the process if the test does not work or fit
I looked at a few of my classmates interview techniques, and I found that they were similar in many ways. My analysis is as follows:
  1. I was able to code or name them as a 9/11 interview.
  2. I categorized them into paragraph form.
  3. I was able to look for patterns such as questions and answers, age, and understanding of 9/11.
  4. I created an hypothesis (look above at my patterns).
  5. I tested the hypothesis by making sure that all of the data fit into a story telling format.
I was able to conclude that several of my classmates used paragraphs to put together their interviews about 9/11 into a story telling format.

After our class meeting on Tuesday, I came to the conclusion that I need to look harder at all of the elements and add more details to support them.


No comments:

Post a Comment