Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Blog 3: September 11th Interview

Today in class we interviewed a classmate about September 11th. I was paired with Kevin. Initially Kevin was the interviewer and I was the subject, but as the interview progressed I began to ask questions to Kevin as well. The interview began by Kevin starting with the question, "Was I aware of what was going on?" I answered truthfully and he was listening to what I had to say. I rambled on a bit, but Kevin understood what I was saying or at least I hope he did. After about 10 minutes I began to ask questions to Kevin. He was 11 years old at the time. He remembered that he was in school and his father picked him up. No other kids from his class left. He went home and watched it on TV but he did not understand what was happening. He has family in both New York and Pennsylvania. Some years later Kevin went on a family trip to the Philipines. He over heard his family talking about it and then he realized what had happened. It was not until he was older until he fully understood the meaning of September 11th. As Kevin and I were talking we both noticed the generation gap between us. For example, airport security. I remember when there were no check points and no TSA agents. You were free to roam around and no one stopped you. Kevin knows the airports as they are today. This assignment was fun and I enjoyed getting to know one of my classmates on a personal level.

No comments:

Post a Comment