Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Blog #20 Repost of Intorduction & Review

I started working on this assignment, but I could not focus or concentrate. I found it difficult to get started. This is what I have so far. I need to do a lot of work on this research project. Hopefully I will be able to do it over the week and weekend.

Introduction

I interviewer: How does a person’s literacy process evolve over time? In today's day and age, children are being introduced to reading and writing early and early; at home and throughout their school years. What types of reading material or new technology will spark the interest to improve or guide a person into a lifelong love of literacy? 

Andrea: I do think that a person’s literacy process does evolve over time. As a young child I did not care about reading or writing. I found it hard to comprehend books that were forced upon me in school. For example, book reports, book reviews, or for required reading. It was not until I reached early adulthood that I began to read for leisure. Also, people today have many options for reading. The computer, iPad, Nook, Kindle Fire, etc. I did not have this technology in my early years. Does this make a difference in the way people read and write?

Frank: I have not yet begun the interview process. When I do I will fill in his remarks.

Our opinions: I will fill in this section after the interview.

Reading is the most important content area that teachers focus on in elementary school. Starting in Pre-K children are already learning how to read and write. By the end of Kindergarten, children should know how to read the "beginner" level books on their own. Throughout the years, I have noticed that elementary school children are being exposed to reading early and early. However, the means of technology has drastically altered the manner of teaching literacy in today’s society. Today's classrooms are equipped with technology, that my subject and I, were never introduced to during our years of education; elementary school through high school. SMART boards, laptops, computers, iPads,  just to mention a few, are being integrated into schools all around the world to improve and promote reading literacy.


In this essay I will write about the literacy process of my subject. I will discuss how his process has evolved over time, and what new means of technology, if any, have altered his literacy. I will do a literature review on how literacy begun, the changes throughout time, and the Twenty-first century technology that enhances reading for children and adults. I will include the works of Debra Grant, and Cynthia L. Selfe and Gail Hawisher.

Debra Grant is the author of, Literacy in American Lives. I will use this book as a reference to the changing conditions of literacy learning, and how the methods of literacy learning has changed over the years.  


Literature Review

I need to do research in this area using the books I mentioned in the introduction.

No comments:

Post a Comment