Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Blog #19 Introduction and Literature Review

Introduction

I interviewer: How does a persons literacy process evolve over time? In today's day and age, children are being introduced to reading and writing early and early; at home and throughout their school years. What types of reading material or new technology will spark the interest to improve or guide a person into a life long love of literacy? 

Andrea: I do think that a persons literacy process does evolve over time. As a young child I did not care about reading or writing. I found it hard to comprehend books that were forced upon me in school. For example, book reports, bbook reviews, or for required reading. It was not until I reached early adulthood that I began to read for leisure. Also, people today have many options for reading. The computer, iPad, Nook, Kindle Fire, etc. I did not have this technology in my early years. Does this make a difference in the way people read and write?

Frank: I have not yet begun the interview process. When I do I will fill in his remarks.

Our opinions: I will fill in this section after the interview.

Reading is the most important content area that teachers focus on in elementary school. Starting in Pre-K children are already learning how to read and write. By the end of Kindergarten, children should know how to read the "beginner" books on their own. Throughout the years, I have noticed that elementary school children are being exposed to reading at a very young age. However, the means of technology has drastically altered the manner of the teaching literacy. Today's classrooms are equipped with technology that my subjectt and I were never introduced to. SMART boards, laptops, computers, iPads just to mention a few, are being integrated into schools all around the world to improve and promote reading literacy.

In this essay I will write about the literacy process of my subject, Frank, and I will discuss how his literacy process has evolved over time. To begin, I will do a literature review. I will use sources from Debra Brant, Literacy in American Lives, and Selfe and Hawisher, Literate Lives in the Information Age.

Literature Review

I need to do research in this area using the books I mentioned in the introduction.

No comments:

Post a Comment